Old September 22nd 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] craigsmail45@gmail.com is offline

Default SW Indoor antenna

On Sunday, April 16, 2006 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, SWL-2010 wrote:
"mcan" wrote in message oups.com... Dear DX'ers My receiver is 12 divided Chine made analog radio. I have used long wire isolated wire antenna from roof to roof aprox 10 meters. But my antenna have been destroyed by natural affects like wind, snow etc. Can you help me how I made by myself indoor antenna same receiption quality? (Signal Strength) Sincerely. Best 73's M CankurtI am in an apt. I use 50 feet of bare copper wire strung around the ceiling, and then a 20 foot Zep Wire as the feedline, and I get real fine reception. I also us a Kaito Loop antenna that mounts in a window, that is much better than I expected. I also have some of the 20 fot reel antennsa. I put one in the bedroom, one in the living room, and then join them into a double mono min-plug for an indoor dipole, which is fair, but not great, but is quite and picks up all the big gun stations. These are for portables. You can also use an antenna tuner to place in between, if your poratables overload, I use an older MFJ-959B, which helps a great deal.My old desktop receivers work fine with just 30' of wire attached to the antenna terminal. I have improvised many different types of apratment antennas over the years, and have had good results, but there is nothing like an outdoor random wire.

Hi, I am very interested in your apartment setup, sense I'm in that type of situation myself. Can you tell me exactly what a Zep line is and where I can get one. Also, I would appreciate more details on how you hooked all of it up. I was wondering what would happen if I ran the wire around the wall in my apartment, so reading your post gave me more ideas. If you could explain more of what you did, that would be great. I'm a newbie here, so bare with me. -Thanks