Old August 7th 04, 02:18 AM
Uncle Peter

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message

Then:

I wouldn't expect to get 1/2 mile (for pickup on an ordinary AM radio) on
the AM band with something the size of a deck of cards. If you were a DJ,
I'm sure you remember those large antennas used on AM. There's a reason.

believe the biggest problem for the LPAM transmission is getting energy

into
the air.

Keeping within the 10 foot antenna limitations, you can easily achieve
distances
of over I mile coverage on frequencies above 1600 kHz. Check the Radio Free
Allston (Boston, MA microbroadcaster on 1630 kHz) webpages.
They are covering a large area of the Allston Brighton area of Boston,
and have gained some recognition for their public service orientated
programming.
I've copied them at distances over 2 miles when leaving Boston on the Mass
Turnpike.

The SSTran website (www.sstran.com) shows how to build a fairly decent
antenna for their part 15 AM transmitter.

Pete