Old October 5th 12, 08:11 AM
joseph2010 joseph2010 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Mowery View Post
"joseph2010"
For the meter you have, it is mostly true. I don't know if it is really any
more accurate,but it will work just fine. Usually when you get under about
1.8 or 1.5 to 1 that is close enough. The main thing is just to tune for
the lowest reflected power. As long as it is low enough the rig puts out
full power, that is the main thing in most cases.
Thanks again for your educational and informative response. I have certainly learned a lot with your help. Thank You!

As luck would have it, today I picked up another one with 2 UHF cables at a thrift store for $5, I couldn't pass it up (the cables alone were worth it) . This one is a Midland 26-126 and it's damaged. One of the 150 ohm R is burned and open, not sure of any other damage. I'm going to replace both resistors and try to get a matched set (close as possible). I have yet to test the meter movement, that's next.

Thanks again Ralph. It is appreciated.