Old August 9th 04, 09:40 PM
Steve Nosko

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
news
Hi chaps,

Is there a way of determining what basically amounts to S-parameters
for BJTs without resorting to a hard-to-get VNA? Some way of doing the
job just with the more usual test equipment you have around?
(scope/sig-gen etc.)
p.
--
"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

I'd consider one of the common antenna impedance analyzers, but I don' know
what the output level is. Scope & sig gen is asking a lot unless you think
you can measure RF voltage and current magnitudes and phase while driving
the device with its "normal" signal level.
If you are talking about RF power transistors, the pros use matching devices
like shorted stubs and stretch lines to get power out, then remove the
device and measure the matching networks with the available equipment. Good
luck.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.