Old October 14th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gipy gipy is offline

Default Wire antenna feed-line questions

I am using a long wire in the trees coming straight to my tuner but I need to route the feed line underground to keep it stealth and I can't seem to find any articles on this topic.
My question...
I would like to use insulated wire or does it have to be coax only and would I lose performance?
Someone told this type of antenna would act as a lighting rod and would be dangerous.
My other question...
Why would it be more dangerous than any other antenna when most receivers and transceivers are grounded in some way?
Thanks in advance