Old October 15th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Wire antenna feed-line questions

On 10/14/2012 6:02 PM, gipy wrote:
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:19:15 PM UTC-4, Boomer wrote:
Well you cannot bury open wire and expect any results. What frequency

are you operating on? Are you transmitting? I think your best bet at

this point is to bury coax and feed a dipole antenna if you are

transmitting. Random wire antennas perform even worse than G5RVs. They

are about the worst.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement, I have used a g5rv in the past and I have had great success throughout the years with a random wires, end-feds, long-wires etc. The trick is to have a good ground when using a random wire.

Im in a situation where I need to bury the feed-line to a random wire (end-fed type) antenna and Im looking for the best way of doing this.

If you came here for advice why are you arguing with the first person
that responded?

Just go ahead and do what you (mistakenly) think is true just because it
seemed to work OK.

And it's "I'M" not "Im". At least learn the language you speak.

tom
K0TAR