Old October 15th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gipy gipy is offline

Default Wire antenna feed-line questions

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:55:14 PM UTC-4, tom wrote:
On 10/14/2012 6:02 PM, gipy wrote:

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:19:15 PM UTC-4, Boomer wrote:

Well you cannot bury open wire and expect any results. What frequency

are you operating on? Are you transmitting? I think your best bet at

this point is to bury coax and feed a dipole antenna if you are

transmitting. Random wire antennas perform even worse than G5RVs. They

are about the worst.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement, I have used a g5rv in the past and I have had great success throughout the years with a random wires, end-feds, long-wires etc. The trick is to have a good ground when using a random wire.

Im in a situation where I need to bury the feed-line to a random wire (end-fed type) antenna and Im looking for the best way of doing this.

If you came here for advice why are you arguing with the first person

that responded?

Just go ahead and do what you (mistakenly) think is true just because it

seemed to work OK.

And it's "I'M" not "Im". At least learn the language you speak.

tom

K0TAR

Wow, a newsgroup cop and an English teacher!

BTW it's I'm and not I'M, but I won't tell you to learn the language you write.

I very much respect and appreciate the "first person's" opinion and my apologies to him for not expressing that before but it is just that, an opinion, just like mine. I did not think a difference of opinion could be called an argument.

My disagreement "not argument" really had little to do with my question about burying the feed-line, not which antenna works best.

I am pretty sure by now this thread has gone south thanks to your watchful eye on correctness, sensitivity and diplomacy on this group but anyway,
I would still like to hear from anyone with some advice on burying a feed-line.