Old October 15th 12, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Wire antenna feed-line questions

In message , tom
writes
On 10/14/2012 7:48 PM, gipy wrote:
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:55:14 PM UTC-4, tom wrote:
On 10/14/2012 6:02 PM, gipy wrote:

Wow, a newsgroup cop and an English teacher!

BTW it's I'm and not I'M, but I won't tell you to learn the language
you write.

I very much respect and appreciate the "first person's" opinion and
my apologies to him for not expressing that before but it is just
that, an opinion, just like mine. I did not think a difference of
opinion could be called an argument.

My disagreement "not argument" really had little to do with my
question about burying the feed-line, not which antenna works best.

I am pretty sure by now this thread has gone south thanks to your
watchful eye on correctness, sensitivity and diplomacy on this group
but anyway,
I would still like to hear from anyone with some advice on burying a
feed-line.

No. not a newsgroup cop, just wondering why the first response to you
was disputed. And I held the cap key down too long. It happens.

He's pretty much on the nose though in his comments. If you can make a
G5RV or random work, it's mostly luck. Yes, with end fed proper
grounding helps a lot, but it's still a crap shoot.

Getting a G5RV or a 'random' wire to work isn't 'mostly luck'. It's more
a question of simply knowing what you're doing.
--
Ian