Old August 11th 04, 11:44 PM
Harold E. Johnson

There's a cosntruction article by K2AOP on page 67 for a xtal osc that
sounds appealing to me. ARRL says it couldn't measure the phase noise
because its lower than their equipment. I wish they would have stated how
low their eqpt goes as I was lead to believe they had some of the best.
Anyone have any ideas?
tnx

They can usually get down to -160, -165 dBc/Hz depending on which cheek they
hold their tongue in. I now wish, they'd get me my copy here. Don't often
see a construction article in the rag. Do they take the output from the
crystal using it as the "final" filter?

W4ZCB