Old October 28th 12, 11:18 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or wanted.

But your dipole antenna needs to be resonant - 1/2 wavelength on the lowest frequency you desire to operate on.
Because most amateur radio frequencies are multiples of other frequencies - 10 / 20 / 60 / 80 / 160
Some wavelengths will work with one antenna - as long as you do not try to tune up on a non resonant frequency.

This is the problem with the G5RV
The ladder line is the matching network and it only works on 20 meters.
When you try to tune it up on 10 or 40 - it tries to damage the tuner - arcing and heating.

At the same time, some will not be feasable - even with the tuner - such as 12 / 15 / 17 / 30 / 60

It does no good to transmit if you cannot hear.

[quote='Tom[_8_];797940']Thanks Channel Jumper,
but not sure which frequency I would most operate on. So with the tuner I
have I want suitable access to as many as possible. I think rebuilding the
DX CC is ok for what I want to achieve.

Thanks

73s