Old October 29th 12, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W5DXP W5DXP is offline

Default Dipole advice?

On Monday, October 29, 2012 10:44:24 AM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
I made the G5RV and I am receiving a lot of RF in the shack.

Do you have a husky 1:1 choke balun at the twinlead/coax junction? Are you limiting your operation to 80m, 40m, 20m, and 12m? Is your G5RV high enough and far away enough from the shack to avoid radiated RF overload? Is your G5RV twinlead at least a few inches away from anything conductive? Is your G5RV dipole section horizontal?

If you answered "no" to any of those questions, we might have a clue as to what is the problem.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com