Old November 8th 12, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default LF Antenna Design

In article , rickman
wrote:

I'm interested in any sources of info that might help me in my planning.

Rick-

Jeff and others have probably answered your questions with regard to
antenna design. I was wondering what your WWVB receiver was to be used
for?

I considered such a receiver, as well as amplifying WWV at other
frequencies. My goal was to derive an accurate frequency to be used for
calibration of counter timebases.

What I settled on was a Rubidium Controlled Oscillator. I found an
Efratom (Ball) unit on E-Bay, that generates an accurate 10 MHz. I had
to build a 24 Volt power supply for it. It is probably accurate within
a few parts per billion, and is not affected by propagation or
interference.

Fred
K4DII