Old November 8th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Hurricane Sandy and ARES

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:03:16 EST, wrote:

I don't have any details about ARES activity in Hurricane Sandy. But
I suspect that ARES/RACES helped out. You should see some info on the
ARRL web site as soon as they recover from the hurricane.

A close and dear friend (who is an Extra Class ham) was deployed as
part of an ARES team to a Red Cross shelter in an affected area in one
of the mid-Atlantic states. She reported that there were more Red-X
people than evacuees, plenty of donuts, and really horrible coffee.

Name, location, and call sign withheld to protect the guilty...Her
husband thinks evil thoughts about me anyhow.... G

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

e-mail: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net