Old November 15th 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Handheld for new Technician Class License holder

"Justin" wrote in message

Ordering from China... I know stuff comes from there anyway, but the last
time I had a problem the Chinaman ignored me and there was nothing I could
do.
I'd rather order from a US distributor.

What about Kenwood?

Kenwood is fine. Here is a place in the US that has the ones I was talking
about.

http://www.wouxun.us/category.php?category_id=46

I am thinking the programming cable for the Kenwood and this one are the
same. I wouldn't doubt if many of the HTs are made in China.

I am waiting on one of the dealers over here to start inporting some of the
dual band mobile rigs that I am seeing on ebay that are in China now.