Old November 14th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hallicrafter@collins.net is offline

Default Shortwave Reception Report

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 22:10:53 -0800 (PST), CdnDXKing
wrote:

I was picking your station up intermittently on 6090khz at 5:50-6:10 UTC on November 11, 2012 from my home North of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. There was music playing at first which I was receiving quite well, but by ~6:00 when a woman started speaking it was fading in and out pretty badly and I could only hear it once every few seconds.

Where is the transmitter for this station? I would appreciate a QSL card if you do such things. My e-mail is and I can provide my address.

Thank you.

It is very unlikely that a station operator will see ypur post here.
You have to identify the station somehow. To do that you have to
figure out the language at least. Did it sound like an African
dialect? It could be Radio Nigeria. There are also Spanish or
Portugese speaking staions in Brazil on at this time. Check:

http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/

One of these frequency lists might narrow it down a bit. Then once you
ID the station you could send them a reception report. Unless you know
some of the language they are speaking, this could be difficult.

Jim(MI)