Old August 16th 04, 01:45 PM
Tim

In 1982, I was about 20 I guess and working for Dentron Radio as a tech. For
no other reason than being careless, as I was normally on high alert when
working on the amps, I discharged a fully charged bank of filtercaps in a
Clipperton L from the left hand to the right.

I had tunnel vision for a couple seconds, fell to the ground as co-workers
rushed to my side. Short of breath and dizzy I began to sweat profusely. I
was ill for about a half hour then both arms began to ache as if I had been
pummeled with a baseball bat.

I have been zapped a few times since then but never ever will I allow IT to
flow across my chest again, that event scared the hell out of me and I was a
strapping young lad in good shape. Today the same hit would kill me, I'm
sure of it.

This could also explain my devout interest in QRP today!

Tim