Old December 16th 03, 11:28 AM
Dick, AA5VU

Default 160 Meter Inverted-L Question

Several years ago I had an Inverted-L but the wire (RG-58 coax) kept
breaking and I am thinking about putting up a new version. This time I
am thinking about using the hard (really hard) wire used by the telepone
company for pole to house connections. It comes with two conductors.
Rather than stripping the wire I am thinking about just tying the ends
together and make it one conductor. In my old antenna I did the same
thing by shorting the RF-58. I plan to feed it with coax from the
bottom of the tower (center conductor to the telephone wire conductor
and shield to the ground wires).

Comments on the use of the telephone wire and feeding will be
appreciated.

Dick, aa5vu

ps: The old antenna came from a CQ article years ago about a coax
antenna with special shorting. The special shorting did not work so I
just made it a single conductor (coax and shiel). It let me do a WAS
without an amp so it worked.