Old August 17th 04, 11:22 AM
SpamHog

The Eternal Squire wrote in message news:

R12 seems to be misspecified as well. On the
pdf schematic, R12 shows as "10W".

Any resistor will do, as long as it can dissipate 10 watts!
Did you try with a 10W resitor?
I used a 25W one and it works perfectly

Nonsense aside, I just dropped a line to Paul Harden at the VLA -
which btw is pro'lly the biggest RF-receiving system on this planet.
I hope he will find some time off his VLA retrofitting project to
visit here and clarify.

I made a few changes to the History file at
http://webfools.net/filippo/desert-ratt.html
adding a later version of Charles Kitchin's beginner oriented receiver
- one with a still lower part count, the result of a few month's
experimenting.

Also, a related matter:

Charles Kitchin mentioned that his bipolar designs for beginners have
become extremely popular, although his JFET ones perform much better.

a) Did anyone try the circuits proposed in Charles Kitchin's article
on "High Performance Regenerative Receiver Design"?

b) How does it compare to this
http://www.electronics-tutorials.com...o-receiver.htm
and to the DR?

c) Is the article still available? Is there a link I should add to the
DR history?

tnx es 73 de n1jpr/i2