Old August 18th 04, 01:49 AM
G.Beat

"PDRUNEN" wrote in message
Hi Group,

Got a 706 which has a 500 or 600 ohm mic input impedance. I have a D104
which
best I can tell has a high output impedance.

If I use a 60Hz step down transformer, say, 120V in gives 10v out, the
turn
ratio is 120/10 or 12:1. Given that I attach the mic output to the
primary and
the rig on the secondary, this should step down the impedance by a factor
of
12^2 or 144 so that a D104 with 50K on the output is now seen as about 400
ohm.

Here are a few questions,

1: Will a 60Hz transformer work well keeping the base sound and pass upto
3KHz?

2: Is the calculation of the impedance correct?

3: Would the audio as seen on the secondary be reduced by a factor of 12
such
that the audio would be weak?

4: Other?

Tnx de KJ4UO