Old August 19th 04, 08:51 AM
Jay

Default Norcal 38 Special Info needed

Hello,
I am studying the Norcal 38 special design so that I can gather the
parts and assemble one. I have extensively read the documents in the
amqrp site. However several questions remain before I proceed.
Surprisingly there is very little additional information on the web or
google newsgroup. Can someone please post replies to my questions?

1. The schematic for the 5W mods & a RIT. The amqrp website give mods
for the mods but not the original mods itself.
2. I will probably build the rig "ugly" style but a PCB reference
would be worthwhile to study.
3. Has anyone tried "pulling" the oscillator to get more freq
coverage? I believe the stock design has about 20kHz span.
4. Any other ideas since the 38 special was first released.
5. Use of NE612 instead of NE602. I think these are fully compatible
with each other.
6. Design for increase the 12MHz IF filter to use 2 or 3 crystals. The
manual says that the original PCB contains the provision but no more
details.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Regards,
Jay