Old December 9th 12, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Arid ace Arid ace is offline

Default Wes Hayward hybrid cascode amplifiers from 2007 QST.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 01:39:46 -0800 (PST), Dana wrote:

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:00:22 PM UTC-8, Arid ace wrote:

The data sheet of the TL026 doesn't mention the maximum input signal that can be

processed. For the SL612 that is 250 mV rms.

Actually, the datasheet mentions it - ~200mV.

Dana K6JQ

With so many data sheet archives online, I could have hit the wrong one. But
what didn't fail to get my attention was the remark "Other Characteristics
Similar to NE592 and uA733". With those ICs I'm not only familiar but they are
from the era when customarily, the equivalent internal diagram was published so
uninitiated application engineers could use the IC in a fashion, not intended by
the designer. The NE592 and uA733 employ negative feedback which is at odds with
voltage controlled gain - unless the gain control is before the stage(s) with
feedback, and then the S/N under application of feedback deteriorates.
So the TL026 isn't my choice even if it's modern ;-)

Jan