Old December 13th 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dana[_2_] Dana[_2_] is offline

Default Wes Hayward hybrid cascode amplifiers from 2007 QST.

On Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:31:35 PM UTC-8, Arid ace wrote:

With so many data sheet archives online, I could have hit the wrong one.

Since the TL026 is a currently-produced part by TI, there's no need to
sift through online archives. Just go to http://www.ti.com/ and look
up the part number.

But what didn't fail to get my attention was the remark "Other
Characteristics Similar to NE592 and uA733".

Fair enough. Of course, the TL026 *isn't* either of those parts,
and the statement suggests to me that the TL026 has input and output
characteristics similar to those non-AGC parts - relatively easy to use.
Nothing at all about internal architecture. Perhaps you're reading
something that isn't in the datasheet at all. Given how cheap the TL026
is, perhaps you might try one instead of an SL612 and see if your
assumption is true.

But, seriously, you're quite passionate about the SL612 and
that's a wonderful thing.

Cheers,
Dana K6JQ