Old December 18th 12, 09:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] frank@notvalid.it is offline

Default Geloso G.222 TR help

nierveze wrote:
hello again Frank,
as there is no indication in the documentation of what is the normal
output
power of the vfo,maybe it would be useful to use new 6cl6 and 5763,also an
indication of grid excitation is useful,on my set the excitation
potentiometer is about 1/4 turn to get the 3.5 ma required on 80M
with the driver tuning condenser correctly tuned,this can be checked in
RECEIVE position of the transmit/receive switch(but this has maybe been
modified in your set

I see I have VFO output when the switch is on the VFO-BEAT position but the
output to the grid of the 6146 is smaller than that I can measure in AM
position. I need to check from the schematic if this is correct.

) AND the am/vfo-beat/cw switch in vfo-beat:this powers up only the vfo,not
the
pa ,this is used to tune the tx to the rx frequency(heterodyne).In this
condition you can get an indication of the excitation,without using the
pa,you should not have hv
so no risk for the pa tube,but I am just wondering
what are exactly the modifications don on your tx...
-why not try to put it back in its original condition by removing all those
relays

this isn't possible, the original T/R switch is missing, at its place there is
an on/off switch that just energize the two added relays. The DC for the
relays has been obtained with a doubling rectifier on the 6.3V AC heather
supply.

Hope this helps
73 alain F1gqb
thanks for your suggestions for the rx,I already dit it :-(((

Thanks
Frank IZ8DWF