Old December 20th 12, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Building phased cable

On Friday, December 7, 2012 10:17:13 AM UTC-5, JIMMIE wrote:
I am looking for tutorial information on cutting coaxial cables to various electrical phase lengths. I have directional couplers for the VHF and UHF bands I am concerned with and also access to a vector voltmeter. I am proficent in terminating cables with connectors but realizing there is more than one way to skin a cat and would also welcome input on assembling the cables.I am not looking to open a discussion on this but discussion would be welcome. Instead I am desiring direction to a website that has a tutorial on the subject. TIA Jimmie

OK, the best info I got was to play with a few cable samples and test equipment like I was going to use before building the cable. See how phase changes responds to trimming. There doesnt seem to be as much "magic" and "art" to it as some have claimed. Heliax with compression fittings make the job easy.

Jimmie