Old December 26th 12, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Happy Holidays!

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:12:58 PM UTC-6, Michael Black wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Joe from Kokomo wrote:

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this Newsgroup.

May Santa bring you that dream receiver or the DX catch of your dreams.

I think Christmas came in August, when I found that TMC GPR-90 at a garage

sale, for only $20.00.

It was a slow garage sale day, not many out, but I go down this one street

and two doors away I see the receiver, it's facing my way. I know it has

to be a shortwave receiver of that vintage, but only closer can I see the

model. No price on it, I figured it would be expensive, but since I've

not seen anything like that before at garage sales, I ask the price.

Suddenly in recent years I've seen shortwave receivers at garage and

rummage sales, but they've all been solid state, most recent vintage. I

can't say I've seen many tube radios, and certainly not anything like the

GPR-90.

I even told them it was probably worth three or four hundred dollars, but

they didnt' raise the price. When I got home (I was lucky the bus stop

was just a few doors up), in looking for information, I find an add for

the same model in the same area of town so it has to be the same receiver,

they wanted a hundred dollars in July. Clearly no takers, so they were

lucky I came along that day (I even went out late that day for garage

sales, planning to do a quick survey and then go somewhere else).

Michael

Yeah, that weather is something else. www.wwltv.com I wish I could be like doggy and sleep all the way through it. One time Alfred Hitchcock said the weather will continue.