Old January 5th 13, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Making a 2m/70cm + 1.25m diplexer

"Rob" wrote in message
A Diplexer filters out the other frequency signal - and con - joins the
two antenna's together on one feed line. Or makes believe to the
receiver that there is two seperate antenna's, or keeps the rf out of
the other side of the transceiver on a dual band transceiver.

Why are you posting all this irrelevant crap?

When it is not clear to you that there is a big difference in operation
between a diplexer and a splitter, why bother?

I guess that I did add to the confusion by saying splitter when I should
have said either duplexer or diplexer. It is already bad enough that Comet
and maybe some other makers of diplexers are calling them duplexers.

I use Comet because that is one that I had handy and did check the loss in
it with a HP 8924C. It has duplexer on it and meets the specs that are
marked on it. I do not have them handy now, but think it was .2 db for one
range of frequencies and .3 for the other.

I just loosely used splitter instead of saying duplexer/diplexer.
And Yes, I know the differance in all of the above. I had a First Classs
Radio Telephone license back in 1972 at the age of 22 if that makes any
differance.
Been an Extra class ham for over 10 years.
Repaired the CB radios for several years to about 1976 to pick up some
spending money.