Old August 27th 04, 03:43 PM
Phil Munro

clifto wrote:

Phil Munro wrote:

In the old days (many years ago) we used "Quietrole", a red liquid,
on pots. It contained carbon tet AND a lubricant (I was told back then)
and it worked very well. Of course that was on the older rotary pots
in use at the time.

DeOxit makes a 5% spray that's good. However, the OP says he can't see a
way into the trimmer body.

With the Quietrole stuff and the old rotary pots, we used to have
some success with taking the knob off and dropping some liquid on the
shaft. It didn't work as well (as fast) as squirting it into the open
spot on the pots, but it would work many times.
But as I remember it, it was important to get something specifically
for cleaning pots, since carbon tet by itself would not leave behind
the appropriate lub for a lasting solution. --Phil
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555