Old January 16th 13, 10:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
VegasNightOwl VegasNightOwl is offline

Default Radio Hargeisa - 7120

Thanks Ace,

I'll have to give them a try sometime soon. Hope conditions are good enough
on the left coast.

VegasNightOwl

"dxAce" wrote in message

VegasNightOwl wrote:

Hi Ace,

You mentioned "their 0330". I take it you mean their local time. In GMT
or
UTC, what time was it when you logged them?

When I put *0330, the * in front indicates 'sign on' time. And yes, in
GMT.

That is when I was listening. Their signal held up well, even after 0400.

I show their local sunrise at about 0310 or so.

VegasNightOwl

"dxAce" wrote in message
Got an email from a friend in northern Michigan telling me that he had
just
made his first QSL report this century! to Radio Hargeisa in
Somaliland.

I had QSL'd them back in 2005 when they had the old lower power
transmitter,
but now apparently run a new 100 kW transmitter.

So I said heck, I was awake when it seems I normally sleep so I thought
I'd
give 'em a try on 7120 at their *0330.

Wow, what an awesome signal and cool opening anthem followed by mention
of
Somaliland.

Anyway, if you want to hear Somaliland, now is the time to try.

dxAce
Michigan
USA