Old January 17th 13, 12:57 AM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink!

I had a neighbor once that didn't want to wear out his light bulbs, so he used a flashlight when he went from room to room.

Light bulbs were 4/$1.00

Flashlight batteries were $.50 each.

The amount of power a battery charger uses is insignificant - anyone so anal to think you will save money on your electric bill by not using a couple of watts of power during peak times is crazy.

No I do not shut off the lights when I go from room to room.
Most of my lights are florescent - a gift of working for a company that did retail remodeling of Lowes stores.

The difference between leaving the light on vs turning it on and off and ruining the bulbs - if the period of time is less then 15 minutes - you do not save anything by turning the lights on and off.
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...