Old January 17th 13, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hallicrafter@collins.net is offline

Default Radio Hargeisa - 7120

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:54:13 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

Got an email from a friend in northern Michigan telling me that he had just
made his first QSL report this century! to Radio Hargeisa in Somaliland.

I had QSL'd them back in 2005 when they had the old lower power transmitter,
but now apparently run a new 100 kW transmitter.

So I said heck, I was awake when it seems I normally sleep so I thought I'd
give 'em a try on 7120 at their *0330.

Wow, what an awesome signal and cool opening anthem followed by mention of
Somaliland.

Anyway, if you want to hear Somaliland, now is the time to try.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Heard them over here last night - right on schedule. Thanks Steve.

Jim (MI)