Old January 18th 13, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom[_8_] Tom[_8_] is offline

Default Battery charging???

Wow, that is an odd neighborhood.

Costs of each kwh decreases by 50% (half) in my neck of the woods at evening
time till morning light. 12 hours. So we do save money using high electrical
consumers at night. It is not minimual, not to me anyway.

I was wondering why you only get 4 years out of your deep cycle batteries,
when I get at least 8 and you are giving me advice? I think you are just
jumping at the chance to fling some mud at someone who is less knowledgable
as yourself in electrical situations.

Light bulbs, flashlights, horses to water, neighbors, again, you skirted
right around the question.

Thanks anyway,,,

73s

"Channel Jumper" wrote in message

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink!

I had a neighbor once that didn't want to wear out his light bulbs, so
he used a flashlight when he went from room to room.

Light bulbs were 4/$1.00

Flashlight batteries were $.50 each.

The amount of power a battery charger uses is insignificant - anyone so
anal to think you will save money on your electric bill by not using a
couple of watts of power during peak times is crazy.

No I do not shut off the lights when I go from room to room.
Most of my lights are florescent - a gift of working for a company that
did retail remodeling of Lowes stores.

The difference between leaving the light on vs turning it on and off and
ruining the bulbs - if the period of time is less then 15 minutes - you
do not save anything by turning the lights on and off.

--
Channel Jumper