Old January 20th 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default PCB123 tutorial ne1?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 07:24:46 -0800, raypsi wrote:

I want to make a minus 400vdc supply for my grounded screen QRO PA. I
have iron on resist for masking, for solder masking silk screening and
PCB etching I'd like to make it look professional. The Solder Masking
Iron on is blue and can be used to etch and silk screen I have 5 sheets
of 8.5X11. I have PCB material and ferric chloride

I thought PCB123 had schematic layouts that went to PCB layouts so I
could just print that on clear mylar on my printer and expose it to the
iron on resist.

I could do every thing by hand then I need a drafting table.

Anybody have a link to a good tutorial?

I got laptop wit 32bit XP pro and an HP printer

I haven't used PCB123 but I have used ExpressPCB which is similar. The
purpose of these products is to sell PC boards made by the company that
provides the software. Since this is the case, there is no provision (at
least in ExpressPCB) to print a layout in a way that can be used to etch
a board. Also, at least for ExpressPCB, the NRE is way too expensive to
have one board made for home use. If you find these things to not be
true for PCB123, please let us know; it would be welcome news.

Another thing that I haven't done but have heard is that clear mylar
isn't a good medium for making masks; the ink/toner won't go on thickly
enough to be opaque. Vellum is a better choice.

Good luck,

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.