Old January 21st 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default PCB123 tutorial ne1?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:58:22 -0800, raypsi wrote:

Well then, when I send in the files they need to produce the PCB how
will I know it's going to come out right, wait unless the software shows
me a layout of the PCB on my monitor and I just do a print screen and
photoshop it?

You're supposed to be good enough to look at the layout on the screen and
know. The whole point of the rapid-turn PCB houses is that they make you
a board so that you don't have to.

A costumer would be not so bright to spend hundreds of USD
on a bunch of PCB's that don't come out right. PCB123's minimum cost is
$109 for 2pcs of 9 square inch board. You must be from a third world
backwater country if you think that is a high price.

That's a much higher price than BatchPCB, which charges $2.50/sqin + $10/
order.

$109/board is too much for my hobby budget, although I routinely pay that
much for professional stuff.

http://www.wescottdesign.com