Old December 17th 03, 05:14 AM
Jack Painter

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:06:16 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

|Every HF antenna here will go 1:1 "some where" ...

Not so.

I have a dipole that is 1:1 at both it's main length design frequency and
the single fan dipole design frequency underneath it. Each began life 10%
longer than design (formulas), one actually had to have a few inches added -
and that was soldered when the line was still brand new. The other required
shortening in 2" increments. Over a period of two months, the antenna still
has "1:1" on those two design frequencies. Checked with reliable equipment
besides the MFJ 962D tuner, which now rests on "Bypass" except for higher
frequency diversions. This was designed and built for two frequencies only,
and performs flawlessly in that respect.

So yes, achieving 1:1 SWR is not only possible, but nothing less was
acceptable in the specific need I had for that antenna.

Jack
Virginia Beach