Old August 28th 04, 03:44 PM
Al

In article ,
"Airy R. Bean" wrote:

Good idea!

wrote in message
om...
"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message

Assuming that one could obtain a slab of marble for the
base of a home grown bug key, is it an easy thing to
polish and to drill?
Does one use ordinary masonry drills?
Any undertakers out there?

If you will stop by any trophy shop you can get all sorts of marble
,color,shape size etc. quite reasonable too. may already have holes
that you can use. Harold W4PQW

I get my used marble from our town's recycling center. You'd be
surprised how many "trophies" are thrown out. I find the side I want and
disassemble it. I even use them for heat blocks when I am doing some
heavy duty soldering. If they crack, I toss them. And...the price is
right!

Al