Old August 28th 04, 06:39 PM
John Fields

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:07:06 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

Actually I've built *several* class C RF amps, John.

---
Intentionally???
---

However, I
wouldn't call any of them linear. You will be aware than linearity
starts to go out of the window when Class A slides into Class AB and
beyond.

---
Really? I'd _love_ to hear your explanation for why that "happens".

I've heard a lot of amps that sounded pretty good at both low and high
volumes, and in between, and they've almost all had class AB outputs.
---

Let's not have an argument over definitions. It's an open
invitation to John Woodgate. ;-)

---
And you don't like getting your ears pinned back?^)

--
John Fields