Old February 1st 13, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default PCB123 tutorial ne1?

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 01:11:19 +0000, Jim Mueller wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:15:54 -0500, rickman wrote:

On 1/21/2013 3:58 AM, raypsi wrote:
Well then, when I send in the files they need to produce the PCB how
will I know it's going to come out right, wait unless the software
shows me a layout of the PCB on my monitor and I just do a print
screen and photoshop it?
A costumer would be not so bright to spend hundreds of USD on a bunch
of PCB's that don't come out right.
PCB123's minimum cost is $109 for 2pcs of 9 square inch board. You
must be from a third world backwater country if you think that is a
high price.

You don't get the concept. They lock you into buying boards only from
them. Otherwise they would just let you produce Gerber files from the
tool.

Why not use a good, open source tool like FreePCB? That is what I
recommend.

Rick

Actually ExpressPCB doesn't completely lock you in. They will make
Gerber files for you for $60 AFTER you have ordered some boards.

So, a deal that's 99.44% sucky is better than a deal that's 100% sucky?

I dunno, I think I'd rather get some free layout tools and learn to use
them.

http://www.wescottdesign.com