Old August 28th 04, 07:47 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:20:06 +0100, John Woodgate
wrote:

Oh, thank you, Paul. Remind me to invite you to explain something one
day.

People are using 'linear' in two different senses.

No kidding? Only two? ;-)

For audio, in fact
for any amplifying stage with an **untuned load**, linearity requires
linearity of output current with respect to input voltage, (Class A
single ended or push-pull, Class B push-pull).

But with a **tuned load**, 'linearity' can be achieved even with Class C
biasing. This is why linearity in this case is defined as output power
being proportional to input power.

Okay. I'm quite happy with that. Any not?
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.