Old August 28th 04, 09:04 PM
Ralph Mowery

But with a **tuned load**, 'linearity' can be achieved even with Class C
biasing. This is why linearity in this case is defined as output power
being proportional to input power.

Okay. I'm quite happy with that. Any not?
--

I am not. For a normal ham amp to be linear it can not be biased class C.
Class C will not reproduce a SSB or AM signal. It only works with constant

The term linear is now being used incorrectly for almost any RF amp even if
the amp is biased class C. While it is not linear many use the term linear
when the word amplifier or class B or C ampifier should be used.

Any class ( A, B , C ) of amp can be plate modulated for AM. It is then
not really an amplifier.