Old December 17th 03, 02:58 PM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:44:06 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

|On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:32:07 -0700, Wes Stewart
|wrote:
|
|On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:06:16 GMT, Roger Halstead

||Every HF antenna here will go 1:1 "some where" ...
|
|Not so.
|
|I'd like to know how you can say that?

I can say it because it's true.

|Have you measured all my antennas?

No, but I've measured some of mine. Why just yesterday, I was out
measuring my vertical that started out as a Cushcraft AV-80. I'm
looking to use it on 40 meters. At resonance, at about 5.43 MHz, the
base impedance was 38.5 +j0. That's a 1.3:1 SWR.

And BTW that's a datum taken using a method described in HP
Application Note 77-3, "Measurement of Complex Impedance 1-1000 MHz."

You mistakenly believe that because an antenna *has a resonance* at
some frequency, its SWR is *1:1*. Not so, as shown above.

I have shown at least *one* example where you are wrong when you say
*every antenna*.

| You are welcome to come over and
|check them out.

No thanks. The weather here is much nicer for doing antenna work.