Old February 9th 13, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Dual band antenna ???

"tom" wrote in message

And OCFD are not good even at HF if you really understand how they work
and the problems they have because of that.

tom
K0TAR

Tom have you ever compaired the OCF to other antennas at your house ?

I have. I have up an 80 meter dipole and OCF at right angles to each other
at about 50 to 60 feet on each end. There is not much differance in the two
on 80 except in the favored directions.

Also is a 3 element tribander at 60 feet. On 20 and 10 meters there is not
really that much differance on the stateside stations either when the
stations are in the direction the OCF favors. There is a big differance in
the directions that the OCF does not favor as it should be.
If I could only put up a dipole nonrotating antenna, that would still be the
results.

Now granted the OCF will not work all that well above 10 meters, and there
are some low bands such as 15 meters it will not work well as the swr is
very high.

The OCF I am using is a home made Carolina Windom type for 80 meters and
above.

de KU4PT