Old February 9th 13, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Dual band antenna ???

"Me" wrote in message
In article ,
Channel Jumper wrote:

Ringo's are nothing more then a over glorified dummy load..

I am sure Dr Reynolds of the University of Washington School of
Electrical Engineering, who designed that antenna for AEA, would
take considerable disagreement, with the above. This design was
Extensively Tested on the UofW's Antenna Range, up on Pigeon Hill, West
Seattle, Washington, which was donated to the UoW, after the Army was
finished with the old Army Communications System site, post WWII.

Channel Jumper sure is a Morooon (Bugs Bunny Definition) and has no
relevant Historical Knowledge.....

Me One who actually KNOEWS the relevant FACTS....

Are you sure AEA had an antenna called Ringo ?

Cushcraft is the only major company I knew of that produced an antenna
called Ringo.

AEA did have several other antennas, the Isopole being one for 2 meters and
some other frequencies.

The origional Ringo for 2 meters was not a very good antenna for most. It
worked , but tended to shoot much of the signal off at high angles. Fine if
in a low area, not so good for the higher areas.
CC also produced some 11 element beams that were a very poor antenna for the
size. I compaired a couple of them with a home built quagi out of the ARRL
handbook and the 8 element quagi was much beter than the 11 element CC.

de KU4PT