Old February 9th 13, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Dual band antenna ???

On 2/8/2013 9:50 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"tom" wrote in message

And OCFD are not good even at HF if you really understand how they work
and the problems they have because of that.

tom
K0TAR

Tom have you ever compaired the OCF to other antennas at your house ?

I have. I have up an 80 meter dipole and OCF at right angles to each other
at about 50 to 60 feet on each end. There is not much differance in the two
on 80 except in the favored directions.

Well, since a 3 element tribander would have less than an S unit over a
dipole or an OCF I would expect you're correct in stating you can see
almost no difference. They still have problems.

tom
K0TAR