Old February 10th 13, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Dual band antenna ???

On 2/9/2013 8:51 AM, Channel Jumper wrote:
tom;801521 Wrote:
On 2/8/2013 8:24 AM, Channel Jumper wrote:
-
One other antenna - if you had the money and the real estate would be
the High Power - Off Center Fed Dipole - which operates practically
everywhere between 440 MHz and 160 meters - with the exception of 15
and
30 meters.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/hypower/-

If you believe that an antenna will operate effectively from 160m to
70cm you are even more ignorant than I previously thought.

And OCFD are not good even at HF if you really understand how they work

and the problems they have because of that.

tom
K0TAR

I am going to explain it, but only once.

One other problem you may have missed. Any choking system you have that
works at 160m won't work at about 20m and up. So you you need at least
2 different chokes for 20m+. And probably a third to reach 70cm.

Concerning pattern, anything 10 meters and up becomes a bit crazy
because the wires are quite directional with gain in several different
directions.

And 70cm would be useless compared to a bad yagi with ok coax.

tom
K0TAR