Old February 23rd 13, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Homebrew 222 Mhz Beam Antenna Project

"tom" wrote in message
. ..
On 2/17/2013 7:51 PM, tom wrote:

My calculation, based on a database of 100+ EME antennas predicts 13.6
dBi maximum reasonable gain. So that sounds about right.

tom
K0TAR

Here is a link to a table of a lot of high performance yagis.

http://www.sm2cew.com/gt.htm

tom
K0TAR

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. I like the downspout idea. (I
was going to coat the wood boom with good epoxy paint, but, considering also
the weight issue, maybe I should go with the downspout. It's going on a
chimney mount, not a tower, making maintenance a bit simpler.)

I saw the T-match but never intended to try it. I did get my gamma match to
a 1.2:1 VSWR so, now I'm undecided.

I used to use YAGICAD running under a BASIC interpreter, I think, but a
lo-o-ong time ago. I will have a fresh look at it.

I thought after the first four or five directors were in place, their
spacing wouldn't be affected by adding more directors. Thanks for the
heads-up that it matters.

"Sal"