Old August 30th 04, 03:15 PM
Tim Wescott

MikeN wrote:
Hi

Has anyone given thought to producing NBFM using the AD 9854 or
similar DDS chips, for multiplying or heterodyning up to 2m or 70cm.

This could be an interesting project. I see Analog Devices has an
application note AN-543 which describes a stereo WBFM generator with
output on 90.3 MHz.

73 de MikeN ZL1BNB

I've been considering it for years; it should work OK as long as your
sample rates are high enough. In fact there are nice, small DSP chips
now that should implement a good FM receiver to go along with it for a
complete transceiver.

It's never been a paying project for me, and it's never made it to the
top of the "home brew" pile, so it stays in "would be cool" land.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services