Old December 17th 03, 06:18 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Jack

I made a dipole using the smaller sized slinky's and it worked about
the same as my other dipoles made of wire, but was a little shorter.

I just stretched a nylon line across the yard, fed through the
slinky's. Used a PVC T-fitting between them and for the coax strain.
Tied another small nylon line to the slinky at one end and permanently
affixed the slinky at the other end. The loose end of the pulling
line came into the shack through a window and I tied knots in the line
to mark the tuned point of each band I worked. I used it quite
successfully on 80, 40 & 20 meters. It did pick up more noise than a
wire dipole does. But transmitted and received signal strengths were
about the same.

TTUL
Gary