Old February 26th 13, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,[email protected]
tom tom is offline

Default Homebrew 222 Mhz Beam Antenna Project

On 2/25/2013 9:50 PM, Sal wrote:

Thanks. I've heard 6m is very good that way. I have 6m FM but not my
son-in-law ... yet. Besides, I haven't found any linking from Livermore to
me in Southern CA.

See, Livermore has plenty of repeaters, both local and in three nearby
cities, Tracy, Pleasanton and Danville. Once you get beyond that region,
mountains become an issue and the nearest known linked repeaters are not
line-of-sight. I'm hoping some antenna gain will let me use edge
diffraction to make one of the machines. I'm hoping the first edge out of
Livermore will do it. Yes, I have consulted terrain profiles.

Related: At Lowes today, I bought an 8-foot length of stiff, ribbed,
plastic channel called "lattice moulding" and it will be the boom for my
1.25m masterwork. It's very rigid in the vertical orientation, which is
what I want. If I have time, I'll rebuild the driven element with a
T-match.

"Sal"

So what you need is a design that will fit on an 8 foot boom. About 7
feet 11 and a half inches. I will see what might work well.

How much was the channel?

tom
K0TAR