Old September 1st 04, 07:11 AM
truegridtz

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message

Scott W. Harvey wrote:
IMHO, These items should be put on a giant barge and sent back to the
country of origin with the caveat that a trade embargo will be imposed
against any country that refuses to take them back. Maybe when China,
Mexico, and other cheap-labor countries experience first hand what a
colossal pain it is to deal with the ass end of their product's
mercilessly short life cycles, maybe they won't dump quite so much of
this junk on our shores.

Funny you should mention that, That's where a LOT of our surplus
(i.e. garbage) computers end up. They've got a growing problem in
China now about the recycling centers causing massive ecological
damage to the towns that they recycle in. From burning plastic
insulation off to salvage copper, and the chemical sludge from
stripping gold and silver plating.

Jeff

One of the main reasons that we never seem to get sufficient control of our
pollution problem is the lack of pollution control in developing nations.
We must compete and pollution control is expensive.

Sacrificing human health for corporate profits is the global format. MH

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Tara Morice as Fran, from the movie "Strictly Ballroom"
http://www.grendel.com