Old September 1st 04, 08:16 AM
Leon Heller

" Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news0bZc.124585$Lj.108231@fed1read03...

"PDRUNEN" wrote in message
Hi Group,

I have a crystal marked 100MHz, it the smaller package found in the CBs.

What I want to do is connect this up to a ECL or Fast TTL and get a 0 to

5
Volt
square wave output that can drive 50 ohms with 2.5 volts or more.

Anyone have a good circuit or suggestions?

Tnx de KJ4uo

It will oscillate at the fundamental, not the marked 100 MHz overtone
frequency. At 100 MHz, I'd guess that's a 7th or 5th overtone cut.
Most likely 7th, 20 MHz is about the limit for fundamental crystals.

That used to be the case, but 40 MHz fundamental crystals have been
available for some time. I've got some.

Leon